11.20.2006
ALLURE Magazine!

You have read Allure magazine, haven't you?

I am sure you must have seen it at least?

Well this glossy mag is basically called The Beauty Expert. And this mag's head writer called upon my expertise a few months ago for information on some cult beauty products.

You see, she saw one of my posts on that, you know, that other blog I write, and obsess about (gotta write some good stuff, gotta get some good ads, gotta review some great products, gotta get the readership up!). And she wanted to use some of the quotes I gave in my post for her article.

I agreed to let her use it. She asked me all crazy things about my other blog, and it's demographics, and traffic, etc. And she wanted to let her readers know that I was sort of an expert because I have some experience, with the blog, and why with all the beauty product testing and such - I am an expert. And the product she was quoting me about had become one of my favorite products of all time. I swear by it. I use it everyday before I put on my makeup. It is awesome, I tell you! So yeah, I am an expert on this beauty product.

Well, I was quoted in the magazine this month, the December 2006 Issue (on new stands today) in the cult beauty products article (on page 224). Goodie!

But.

What is quoted in the article is not even about the product that she asked me about. Not even the same damn product! And a fact checker even called me to confirm what I had said and verified my blog's address and name spelling and such. And then she e-mailed me what was to be included. And that was correct!

Hmmm.. in the actual magazine, they got my name, age(unfortunately) and where I am from correct, but there is no mention of my blog anywhere and I am totally misquoted.

WTF???

And I was asked by this same publication, for which I had to sign a confidentiality agreement for, about working on something for them, and getting paid. But if they are going to print what they want to print and cater to their advertisers, would I want to even be involved in the process? (Oh yeah, the $$$)

Anyway, Joey thinks I am a star because my name is in a magazine that we bought at the checkout counter in the Big Y. And if that's good enough for him, then that's good enough for me - in some strange sort-of way.

Well, I guess that was worth it alone!

And I should be happy to have at least been noticed by a major publication like Allure in the first place.

Mixed feelings, people - mixed feelings!

Labels: , , , , , , , ,


link | posted by editor at 9:27 PM






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





my profile

cast of characters:
mom - me (39)
hubby - my husband (48)
justy - my oldest boy (15)
doodles - my only girl (11)
jon-jon - my middle boy (9)
jo-jo - my baby (7)
pow-pow - my dog (4)

Contact




www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from thecosenzis. Make your own badge here.


Your Ad Here



babystyle

Target .com, Online Advertising

Sharper Image

David's Cookies (Fairfield Gourmet Foods Corporation)

PajamaGram (Vermont Teddy Bear Company)

homefocuscatalog.com (HSN Improvements, LLC)

Linenplace.com

macys.com

McAfee, Inc

Mrs. Fields Gifts, Inc

NORDSTROM.com

Overstock.com, Inc.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

TheBabyOutlet

Furniture Online